Thursday, February 1, 2007

ALS ???

So here I was sitting in Doheny library during mandatory study hours for my Fraternity and I ran into to this article on CNN. I found the title of the article to be intriguing because this past year, my Fraternity participated in a philanthropy event and was able to help raise over $300,000 for the ALS foundation. It amazes me how many people (including me before our event) have no idea what ALS is and yet it is estimated that as many as 30,000 Americans have this disease at any given time. This article provides us with a real life example of what it is like to live with ALS and I hope that this post will help spread the word about this disease.

Here is the website for those who are interested on learning more about this disease and/ or are interested on donating to a good cause.

No comments: